SMS Assist is looking for a Billing Specialist who will be responsible for reviewing invoices to validate key data points and to verify accuracy prior to submission through custom software. This position requires accuracy and efficiency with strong attention to detail.
- Review invoices for accuracy prior to submission
- Review invoice discrepancies per standard procedures to resolve or to escalate to the Team Lead for resolution
- Submit billing invoices thru the company custom software
- May provide backup support with receiving and resolving Affiliate calls regarding services and billing expectations
- Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks achieving timely, efficient and accurate results
- Strong data entry and keyboarding skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed timely
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Basic analytical skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience - typically 1-3 years of related work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’s degree)
- Proficiency in MS Outlook and MS Excel
- Previous billing / invoicing experience is a plus (1-2 years)
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or change at any time with or without notice to support the needs of the business.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.