Sprout Social’s Finance team isn’t your typical month-end close type of department. We’re a dynamic team working in a fast paced and always changing environment which means our Billing Specialist will have the opportunity to play a large part in setting up our billing processes for our new customers. Although we might live in spreadsheets and provide financial information to the business, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing. Doing our jobs effectively means we approach each interaction with confidence, each process with diligence, and our customers with care.
The Billing Specialist we seek is someone with past experience in Finance/Billing within a high-growth technical company (tools, best practices (US GAAP), relevant laws and regulations, etc.), someone who is able to communicate clearly across departments, and someone who thrives in a fast paced environment with the ability to maximize efficiency. Sprout Social is used by over 24,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm, and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
If you have billing experience and are looking to play a large part in the development of our best in class Finance team, we’d love to speak with you!
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Have a deep understanding of the Finance team’s goals and key objectives and the impact our work has on Sprout’s overall business objectives.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Be proficient using Sprout’s accounting software (NetSuite) and sales tools (SalesForce) to create invoices and record payments.
- Navigate Sprout’s customer support portal and provide helpful and complete responses to inquiries.
- Understand the collections and process to ensure an organized and timely cash flow process.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Fully own your assigned close processes for Sprout Social and our subsidiaries.
- Collaborate with the Success team to troubleshoot subscription oddities and discrepancies.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Be a go-to-billing contact for all areas of the business.
- Run like a well-oiled machine and increase the efficiency of the Billing Team.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!