Billing Team Lead - Recurring Services at SMS Assist
- Assign and manage day-to-day workload for team members.
- Meet with individual team members to track progress and provides developmental tasks.
- Serve as the liaison between the Billing and Operations Teams when issues require resolution; escalates additional issues as necessary.
- Assist with billing invoices as needed or requested.
- Assist in resolving vendor calls or issues as needed or requested.
- Maintain current knowledge of billing requirements for all verticals and contributes to team learning efforts.
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and training of new hires and department staff.
- Ensure availability to answer and address any questions from the team.
- Track individual goals and/or KPIs for team members; addresses both positive and negative findings.
- Perform quality audits on tasks performed by team members.
- Address and resolve any disciplinary issues with assigned team members; provides details to management.
- Assess strengths and weaknesses of team members suggesting performance improvement plans as needed
- Hold monthly follow-up meetings with team to communicate client changes and process updates.
- Maintain accurate PTO calendar requests; monitors time and attendance for all assigned team members
- Recommend new processes and procedures to increase team productivity to upper management.
- Lead by example and fosters a positive work environment
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Verbal Communication - Proficient
- Written Communication - Proficient
- Prioritization - Proficient
- Analysis- Proficient
- Problem Solving - Proficient
- Process Orientation - Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Data Entry Skills
- Keyboard Skills
- Proficient Microsoft Outlook Skills
- Proficient Microsoft Excel Skills
- System Experience: Knowledge of word processing and database maintenance required
People Management Skills
- Proficient in basic people management processes
- Proficient in leading a small team on a day to day basis, within a broader organization structure
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of related experience
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Previous billing experience or supervisory experience is preferred
- Knowledge of SMS Assist client billing guidelines is preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.