The EVP of Finance/CFO is responsible for helping the Company achieve its five-year revenue and growth projections through solid reporting, analytics and leadership of the finance department. The EVP of Finance is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the Company in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry. The position also includes the management of the internal accounting team and any outsourced accounting and finance services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the head Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regards to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Manage financial planning and analysis; prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports; review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations
- Supervise the accounting, general ledger and financial operations of the Company to ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for all relevant stakeholders
- Establish accounting policies for the company and prepares reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
- Take ownership of the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Take ownership of the Company’s banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Mentor and develop the Company’s finance team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- This position manages one senior accountant
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Master’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration preferred
- CPA certification preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive growth in responsibilities for accounting and finance functions for a company with revenue that exceeds $15MM, or a PE/VC backed venture, or a division of a large corporation with over $25MM in revenue
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP and Quickbooks
- Experience partnering with an executive team
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Very strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.