Are you ready to transform an industry? At Centro we are building a comprehensive tech platform that radically increases efficiencies and impact across businesses, teams, and campaigns. Our clients can run all their digital business through Basis, with robust business intelligence, workflow automation, search and social integrations, and the number one rated DSP.
We’re taking the digital advertising world by storm and are proud to be headquartered in the rapidly growing tech hub of Chicago, with offices that span across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Join us in our mission to improve the lives of everyone working in the industry!
WHY WORK WITH US?
At Centro, we believe that lasting success is achieved through continual dedication to the growth and well-being of the individual. Our people are the core of what makes Centro unique. Driven by the Centro Manifesto and our guiding principles, we look to hire the best and brightest minds—curious, passionate learners who are driven to create impact.
We are committed to building a culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. When we work hard, stay focused, and act in service to others, we believe that anything is possible.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro’s Finance team employs our product, Basis, to invoice, reconcile, and recognize revenue—all from one platform. Their use case is a prime example of how dynamic, robust, and transformative Basis truly is. This passionate and highly efficient team embodies Raving Fan service with their customers and colleagues by striving for excellence and accuracy in everything they do.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will be reporting directly to the Manager, Collections and responsible for fully managing a client portfolio of $20M in Accounts Receivable. You will be learning and growing with while working with internal (Billing, Finance, Accounting and Sales teams) and external (customers) teams to support and execute Centro’s financial and corporate goals. You will contribute by:
- Performing collections outreach for a portfolio of at least $20M, while always striving to exceed collection goals, lower DSO, and meet or exceed individual KPIs
- Providing Raving Fan service to customers and colleagues
- Developing outstanding knowledge and understanding of the assigned book of business
- Strategically approaching customers to limit Centro’s exposure and mitigate risk
- Managing daily cash applications and monthly cash reconciliation with 100% accuracy and precision
- Processing credit card payments for clients
- Providing backup coverage for daily cash applications as needed
- Accurately and consistently documenting all collections efforts in Centro’s financial system, Netsuite
- Working with Billing and Sales to resolve customer issues timely
- Assisting with special projects for Manager or Director as needed
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- College degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or similar
- Self-driven and motivated individual willing to grow within Centro
- Willingness and curiosity to look outside the box and find solutions or creative ways to resolve collections challenges
- Drive and determination to deliver the best possible customer satisfaction and Raving Fan service
- Strong negotiating and problem-solving skill
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic system knowledge: MS Office
- Working knowledge with financial systems (such as Netsuite) and other ERPs
- Relevant work experience
- Experience in cash application and credit card payments
- Knowledge of Excel: VLOOKUP, pivot tables and macros
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people.
Centro provides a thoughtful benefits package and a wide range of perks, including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, a tax-free health savings account, generous maternity/paternity leave, a student debt payment program, and more.
We are also committed to maintaining a culture where we trust our employees. We believe results matter more than where they are produced, so we offer our employees choice and flexibility on whether they’d like to work in one of our office locations (once they open back up post-pandemic!), completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. These arrangements vary based on your situation as well as the needs of the team and role.
We’re proud of our employee-led communities that enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment. Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.