Compensation Manager at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a Compensation Manager
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Compensation Manager to help us.
We need a Compensation Manager to design and implement a world-class compensation program that aligns to the company’s mission, goals and budget. You will research and analyze market data, salary surveys and compensation trends to make fiscally responsible recommendations to leadership.
Your contributions will play a critical role in attracting and retaining the best talent for one of Chicago’s best tech companies by:
- Ensuring timely and accurate processing of payroll and incentive compensation
- Identifying and developing processes to enhance data integrity, automate, and drive effective administration of programs
- Conducting job analysis interviews with department leaders to create accurate job descriptions and appropriate title.
- Designing the company’s annual merit, incentive compensation, and bonus programs
- Managing compensation structure to ensure market competitiveness and internal consistency
- Performing analysis on current organizational pay practices and making recommendations for improved effectiveness
- Participating in compensation surveys and studies to maintain the company’s competitive position in the market
- Tracking the industry and market and provide analysis on the impact of trends or developments in compensation
Experience & Skills:
- Attention to detail. Because mistakes and payroll are not a good combination.
- Strong analytical skills. We need someone who is always thinking, quantifying, comparing, and coming up with ways to make our compensation program competitive.
- Communication skills and presence, which allow you to efficiently and effectively influence decision making and get your point across.
- Excel chops.
- A fast motor and big gas tank. You need to be able move fast and not wear out. This is a role for someone who will tirelessly challenge the status quo and wants to innovate constantly.
- A quick mind and sure hands. You need to be able to take quick, ambiguous direction and then synthesize it into an output that solves the problem or meets the need… and you need to do it on time, every time.
- Be a master juggler. You will need to manage a heavy and diverse workload without breaking a sweat. To do so you’ll have to be proactive, able to prioritize, and be a strong communicator.
- Integrity and a commitment to the highest possible ethical standards. While a sense of humor is a requirement for every Jellyvision employee, when it comes to paying people, we are as serious as a heart attack.
- 5+ years of compensation experience, including experience in a high growth tech company
- Experience building things from scratch, whether that be processes, reports, new roles, or entire start-ups
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations, practices and procedures within the field of compensation.
We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thank you for your interest in Jellyvision!