Compliance Lead, Marketing & Strategic Partnerships at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Compliance team designs and implements a compliance program that enables Affirm to proactively adhere to regulatory requirements while also identifying and addressing potential compliance issues that may arise. Compliance program activities include advisory, guidance & training, independent testing & monitoring, reporting, escalation, and oversight. Although a second line of defense, compliance proactively partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives, change management, issue identification, remediation plans, assessment and monitoring of third parties, provides trends and data to enable informed decision making, and strengthen controls or provide for better treatment of consumers.
We are seeking a Compliance Lead to support our marketing compliance and change management program who will support new partnerships and critical initiatives! In growing the company’s markets and products, Compliance plays a fundamental role by executing on key results and providing subject matter expertise. This person will work with counsel and the compliance team to identify and assess risk within applicable requirements, and provide guidance to mitigate risk. Remotely, the role will report to the Compliance Program Manager, Marketing and Merchant Engagement, and will work cross-functionally with other teams.What You'll Do
- You’ll work closely with internal partners (Compliance, Product, Marketing, and Strategic Partnerships) to support the marketing compliance requirements and the implementation of strategic partnerships’ go-to-market and ongoing engagement as the compliance subject matter expert.
- You’ll develop and maintain guidance and other reference materials enabling low-touch merchant marketing.
- You’ll collaborate with our teams to optimize processes to support growth and scalability.
- You’ll document critical processes, support the maintenance of internal team sites, and support Compliance in maintaining relevant policies, risk assessments, training materials, and other related items.
- You’ll build relationships with critical business and functional partners, including Bank partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional work experience in Compliance Risk, Audit, or Bank Regulatory.
- Excellent organizational and relationship management skills.
- A strong interest in fintech and consumer financial protections.
- Experience working with consumer financial regulations, including Reg. B (ECOA), UDAAP, CAN-SPAM, FCRA, Reg. E, Reg. P, and Reg. Z.
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high-performing team.
- Inquisitive and proactive in proposing creative and effective solutions.
- Strong project management, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly present sophisticated and sensitive issues.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.