Compliance Lead - Monitoring & Program Implementation at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Compliance team designs and implements a compliance program that enables Affirm to proactively adhere to regulatory requirements while also identifying and addressing potential regulatory issues that may arise. Compliance program activities include advisory, guidance & training, independent testing & monitoring, reporting, escalation and oversight. Although a second line of defense, compliance proactively partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives, change management, issue identification and remediation plans, assessment and monitoring of third parties, and provides trends and data to enable informed decision making, strengthen controls or provide for better treatment of consumers.
Affirm is actively seeking a Compliance Lead to own, enhance, and drive certain critical compliance management program elements. In this role, the Compliance Lead will work across the compliance team and in partnership with other risk functions within the company to support the company’s compliance program.What You'll Do
- Work with the compliance subject matter experts to operationalize the Compliance Management Monitoring Program for monitoring and other programs
- Identify compliance concerns through supervising and raising to senior management
- Remain abreast of current merchant programs, along with marketing and product offers
- Work with cross functional partners to address any concerns identified
- Coordinate the development of additional monitoring metrics as needed
- Coordinate ongoing reporting of monitoring results on adherence to compliance program requirements
- Develop continuous methods to improve the monitoring program
- Assist in coordination of the compliance risk assessment, including collating and documenting results
- Assist in conducting compliance testing when needed and compliance audit management
- Continuously improve internal compliance processes relating to the Compliance Management Program and system
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of professional work experience in Compliance Program, Enterprise Risk, Operational or Project Management, or Audit, experience implementing risk programs preferred
- Excellent organizational and relationship management skills
- A strong interest in fintech and consumer finance
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing team
- Inquisitive and proactive in proposing creative and effective solutions
- Solid project management, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate sophisticated and sensitive issues
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.