Compliance Manager, Financial Crimes at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm seeks a Financial Crimes Compliance Manager to help support a comprehensive Financial Crimes Compliance program. Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience.
What you'll do
- Follow company policies/standards to determine if activities or transactions are non-compliant/potentially suspicious and action as appropriate
- Assist our originating bank partners with generating and filing reports
- Undertake project work and Financial Crime program enhancements
- Operationalize and Standardize BSA/AML and Sanctions Policies and Procedures enhancements
- Support the Financial Crimes team in maintaining relevant policies, risk assessments, trainings, and other related items (including internal testing and monitoring and external audits and exams)
- Work closely with our Financial Crimes team to stay up to date on current industry standards and regulatory requirements
- Assist with developing and operationalizing a next generation Financial Crimes Program.
- Assist in the development of key risk indicators (KRI) and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Identify areas of improvement in our Compliance procedures, tooling, and policies
- Work in collaboration with cross functional teams across the organization
What we look for
- 6+ years of professional work experience in BSA/AML, Sanctions, or Fraud experience preferred.
- Exceptional judgment, organizational and analytical skills and keen attention to detail, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Solid understanding of analytical tools, such as Snowflake, Excel, and visualization software (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to identify current manual processes and suggest/implement automation to drive efficiency
- Strong understanding of BSA/AML and Sanctions Program requirements
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with, and communicate complex regulations to, business partners
- Passion for technology, consumer finance, and improving consumer credit products
- Industry certifications preferred but not required (Relevant examples include CAMS, CFE, CIA, etc.)
- Advanced degree preferred but not required
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.