Compliance Professional – Financial Services
Overview of role:
If you're a person whose priorities include doing the right things the right way, maintaining a high level of integrity and serving as an example for other employees, you might be a good fit for a career in compliance. Are you looking for an opportunity where you will know that you have spent your day helping others to do the right thing? Do you want a job where you will know that your efforts help prevent harm, protecting all stakeholders, such as executives, co-workers, shareholders, customers and consumers? Do you thrive on diversity in the tasks you will do on a daily basis? Independently or with limited supervision, in this compliance analyst position, you will work closely with the business unit you will support. You will frequently interact with peers, the Law Department, Internal Audit, and business unit operations, providing compliance related consultation and oversight.
Compliance is responsible for the creation, implementation and execution of global compliance programs and policies. We provide TransUnion with compliance direction, support, oversight and training resources, and implement risk and internal controls. Our team members maintain strong partnerships with TransUnion businesses that extend the reach and impact of the compliance program. Team members are strong problem-solvers and project managers, and we encourage development and recognition for good work.
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in risk management, finance, economics, business management, statistics, computer science, pre-law or other related field. (An equivalent combination of education and prior work experience may be substituted at the discretion of management.) Incumbents are preferred to have relevant knowledge of regulatory or procedural compliance issues and the ability to apply them within an operations environment. This enables to provide the right advice and guidance for the business to implement regulatory initiatives, policies and procedures.
- At least three years’ experience in compliance or other risk management discipline, such as audit, examination, fraud examination, quality control, quality assurance, credit risk, information security, data analysis, risk analysis, etc., preferably in the area of data management and privacy, background or employment screening, risk and fraud screening, collections, insurance, digital marketing or financial services.
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to review and analyze information and processes in short order.
- You will be charged with making sure that the company adheres to relevant laws, rules, policies and processes. To that end, you must be well versed in consumer rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act and related rules, policies, processes, problems and resources.
- Able to decipher information and be able to determine whether the business unit and company are in compliance.
- Analytical and detail-oriented, with project management skills.
- Strong logical, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Possess excellent PC skills.
- Maintain a focused, flexible, organized and proactive manner
- Willingness to seek certification as a qualified compliance professional (e.g. Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), via the Compliance Certification Board (CCB) and Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE)) or other relevant certification.
Impact you’ll make:
- You will bring your knowledge of relevant regulations and expertise in compliance processes to assist TransUnion with its legal and business obligations. Be a business partner and a trusted advisor to assigned business units, ensuring that the compliance and ethics program activities align with business objectives and become integrated into their business activities.
- You will promote organizational integrity through the operation of effective compliance programs for the business unit, such that assessing the effectiveness of the current combination of controls, metrics, and assurance activities designed to ensure compliance, and identify any gaps.
- Because of your experience in a compliance role and business operations, you will demonstrate knowledge of the business unit's function, processes and compliance requirements. You will have a wide degree of latitude in decision making and defining appropriate solutions, by attending and supporting local management meetings from the compliance and ethics perspective
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.