We have an ambitious goal - to transform the auto insurance claims industry - and look for people who align with this mission, want to be a part of our journey, and have a hunger to succeed. Achieving this bold goal will also require hiring the absolute best talent in the market for our roles. We are building an elite team and are looking for a Controller to lead and manage the accounting and financial reporting functions within the organization.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance (VP), you will be responsible for the production of all financial and KPI reporting, oversight of all accounting activities and internal control development & implementation. Additional responsibilities include budgeting and forecasting, calculation of monthly cost allocations and researching and providing guidance on complex GAAP issues. You will be responsible for the supervision, growth and development of the accounting team, comprised of an accounting supervisor and junior staff accountant, who are responsible for the daily accounting functions as well as month end close preparation. This is a great opportunity to make significant contributions to the success of a rapidly growing venture-backed company.
- Direct and oversee general accounting activities, including the monthly close and recording & processing of transactions in compliance with internal policies and GAAP.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close including preparation of financial and KPI reporting
- Calculate monthly cost allocations by customer and product
- Develop and manage financial and operational controls designed to mitigate risk and safeguard assets
- Oversee the coordination of the annual external audit and tax filings
- Analyze and dissect financial and performance data , highlighting trends and developing KPI benchmarks to measure overall performance of the company by customer, product, and business unit
- Assist VP with the preparation of monthly and quarterly forecasts, as well as the annual operating plan
- Participate in the continuous improvement of department processes and workflows
- Provide VP with ongoing strategic and operational support
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required
- A CPA or CMA designation is required
- Expert knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial statement preparation, analysis and reporting. Experience with cost accounting strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive experience, including at least two years of experience in a supervisory role
- Highly analytical and inquisitive mindset with the ability to learn quickly and provide key insights in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced Excel skills required, experience with Sage Intacct a plus
- SaaS experience a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Subsidized gym membership in our building
- 401k, paid time-off, casual dress code
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fun, entrepreneurial work environment – Ping Pong, Softball, Bowling