Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food delivery startup headquartered in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
About The Role
If you’re a proactive and self-motivated person, this is the role for you. Deep experience in accounting operations, internal controls and financial systems is required, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, both internally and externally.
What you Will Do
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Lead the accounting team through monthly close processes with clearly defined responsibilities, processes and timelines
- Lead coordination and interactions with external auditors for the annual audit
- Direct all accounting daily operations including AP, AR and Payroll accounting
- Direct the preparation and timely filing of all required tax returns and other statutory filings with external firms
- Identify and streamline key business processes and lead business process engineering with cross-functional leaders
- Evaluate and implement accounting system and platform that will support significant business growth
- Prepare and issue financial reports and financial and operating metrics
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures pertaining to all aspects of accounting
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field, MBA a plus; CPA required
- 8+ years of proven experience and relevant work experience with leading/managing a team, preferably with 5+ years of public industry experience and 3+ years in a big 4 accounting firm
- Experience building internal infrastructure, policy and procedure, and leading annual audits with external audit firms
- Experience in technology or Marketplace companies is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge and experience with Netsuite
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.