ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 90,000 businesses in 161 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 90,000 today to millions.
We are looking for a controller who will oversee day-to-day accounting operations. You will ensure general accounting functions are running smoothly along with optimizing and expanding our financial processes.
Properly report financial statements in accordance with GAAP to stakeholders
- Own the global close process and related reporting, including revenue recognition, general ledger and consolidations
- Lead all aspects of international controllerships and accounting operations
- Ensure all transactions are properly accounted under GAAP and technical matters are properly documented in accounting memos.
- Build, document and test internal controls with the goal of being SOX compliant by 2021
Ensure smooth accounting operations
- Direct and oversee the day-to-day Accounting Operations, including Revenue, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll functions
Manage and grow the team
- The role will manage a growing team of specialists. ActiveCampaign prides itself on fostering a workplace where employees can grow. As leader of the accounting team, the Controller will be responsible for the success of the rest of his / her team
Own the relationship with outside accounting teams
- Manage the external audit (Big4) as well as tax, systems, compliance and regulatory purposes. This role will manage these relationships.
What your day could consist of:
- Create financial statements for external parties
- Work with outside service providers to construct optimal tax structures
- Liaise with external audit firm to review technical accounting matter
- Review and approve payroll
- Lay the foundation for the company’s eventual SOX compliance by building out internal controls
What is needed:
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including Big 4 public accounting experience and public market exposure
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required (active or inactive status)
- Comfortable leading teams through ambiguity and be a champion of change
- Experience with SaaS business model and in particular subscription-based revenue recognition
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high performing teams
- Experience with complex technical accounting matters
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Sage Intacct preferred
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.