Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
We are seeking a strong Controller to join our progressive corporate accounting team. The Controller will report to the CFO and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas. As a key member of the finance leadership team and a business partner to the organization. You will ensure our company’s transactions are recorded timely and accurately in compliance with GAAP, produce monthly financial reporting, optimize and expand financial processes, and maintain a strong control environment and tax compliance. You will lead the accounting, accounts payable and payroll team members and be responsible for their growth and development
- Lead month-end closing activities, including review of various journal entries, variance analysis, audit schedules and distribution of cost center reports and financial statements.
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances.
- Review and distribute customized financial reports by establishing monthly deadlines while ensuring the quality, timeliness, and integrity of data.
- Provide guidance on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements or classification of transactions.
- Evaluate monthly financial results with CFO noting business results and trends.
- Provide support for the monthly forecasts and annual budget.
- Lead the annual audit process and direct staff accordingly.
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- 8-15 years of progressive experience
- Big 4 / Regional Audit experience (nice to have)
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems.
- Experience working in a small to medium-size business and getting a lot done with minimal resources
- Payroll experience and experience with NetSuite, ADP, and/or Kronos would be a plus.
- Inventory experience helpful
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high performing teams
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer