Title: Corporate Controller
Reports to: CFO
What you’ll be doing:
As the Corporate Controller, you will lead our 15+ person team constructed of accounting, payroll, and accounts payable.
Your core responsibilities will be managing and overseeing all facets of Enova’s accounting operations in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and consistent with public company standards, including the monthly close cycle, financial reporting, internal control, research, policy development, payroll, and accounts payable. As a leader at Enova, we expect you to passionately facilitate your team’s growth. In return, we will set you up for success by helping you develop your professional skills and supporting your own career growth.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Maintain a documented and adequate system of accounting records, including the general ledger, system of accounts and complete supporting documentation
- Maintain a comprehensive set of financial policies, procedures, and controls to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the company’s reported financial results
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of reports and financial statements for executive management and the Board of Directors as well as compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Lead the quarterly review and annual year-end audit process with the external auditors
- Complete an accurate and timely close process
- Acts as a change agent to increase operational effectiveness. Review work flows and drive continuous process improvements
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in accordance with contract terms
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives to ensure policies, procedures, and systems align with business needs
- Lead and manage the accounting team
- Coordinate the preparation of materials for the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in either public accounting or private industry. Industry experience should be either as assistant controller in a large company or as a controller of a small to mid-size public company
- Must be a working manager, capable of operating in a fast-paced environment, able to handle pressure well, be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Previous management and supervisory experience
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served more than 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work someplace awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.