Home Chef is building new ways to navigate the booming meal kit delivery industry. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
Summary of Responsibilities:
You will sit between the worlds of Finance and Data, bringing relevant knowledge from both fields and be responsible for defining data models that take messy source data to informative reporting and dash-boarding for end users.
You will work in close collaboration with financial analysts and business stakeholders to understand data requirements, and enjoy being involved in the business from a financial perspective.
In addition, you will help to inform business decisions by articulating the metrics that matter and why, as well as by building reports and analyses that provide insight into those metrics and partner with our data engineers to clearly define data models as we continue to expand our business.
The Analyst should be excited to drive actionable insights from our data sources.
*This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset and is prepared to improve the accessibility of our financial data and related processes as the Company continues to grow.
- Manage a clear, concise Data Model that serves the Finance team while maintaining consistency with the Model used throughout the company
- Solid understanding of fundamentals of business economics – profitability, operational efficiency, LTV, CAC
- Convert non-technical business requests to technical specs and those specs to solutions
- Work to streamline the existing data and reporting tools, maintain a clean data warehouse, and build out new reporting processes
- Map out data flows and coordinate with data architects to create a useful, integrated data warehouse
- Detailed understanding of data mining, manipulation, and reconciliation
- Work closely with business stakeholders in both finance and across the organization to learn about the business, gather requirements, define projects, and communicate progress
- Work closely with Technical Product Managers to provide insights and answer questions as our technology evolves and we test product improvements and optimizations.
- Teach less-technical colleagues how to interact with our data platform and tools; help them become self-sufficient
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related field is preferred
- Minimum 4 years of progressive data experience and a minimum of 2 year of experience working directly with the finance function
- Extensive knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Looker a strong plus
- Experience building enterprise level data models
- Ability to motivate a team to produce quality materials by deadlines
- Ability to participate in a team environment and facilitate group meetings
- Experience with Omniture a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem-solving skills, roll up your sleeves attitude
- Self-starter, initiates as opposed to reacts with a proven “take-charge” record of accomplishment
- Strong work ethic; e.g. “roll-up your sleeves” leader
- Demonstrated passion and energy for helping your customers with focus on execution and results
- Displays stamina, energy and is committed to personal growth and development of self and others
-Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first
-Direct access to senior management – our leadership team works alongside our team members every day
-Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
-Generous paid time off (PTO) policy
-Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
-Free water taxi, discounted gym membership, and daily bike storage for Wrigley building employees
-Cold brew coffee on tap at no charge
-Employee discounts for Home Chef meal kits
-Free lunch every Friday and snacks and beverages on hand every day
Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer