Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
Director of Accounting, Integrations
This role reports into the Corporate Controller and is primarily responsible for driving integration activities inclusive of acquisitions, new market locations and general alignment for IPO readiness considerations. This role directly drives the discussions and plans necessary to develop and integration plans and timelines for acquisitions. This position will be a key contributor in p44’s business and close/reporting process as it relates to our Global organization structure and in setting up key unified and scalable processes across the globe. This role will be part of a number of multi-functional support teams and workstream planning events which will provide the candidate with direct exposure at a high level. Also, the role requires and provides the candidate with a working knowledge of most basic accounting requirements in areas such as revenue, equity, and acquisitions and then also requires the person to address the basic accounting operations needs such as invoice terms and VAT/state tax requirements. This role is an excellent springboard for personal and professional growth into other areas of the Finance and Accounting function or in other roles at p44.
- Leads integration of Accounting function activities across the organization
- Accounting support over potential targets as needed during planning and diligence phases
- Work with Corporate Development team, and respective corporate function leads, to construct key integration milestones and budgets during the deal execution process, Post-close, you will lead periodic refresh of milestones and forecasted spend
- Work with acquired entity Finance and Accounting resources to understand current accounting policies, processes, staffing and systems over close and reporting processes
- Provide senior management with insights regarding integration issues that might affect achievement of key process and financial milestones
- Build relationships across corporate functions and acquired entities to remove communication hurdles and improve reporting accuracy and visibility
- Contribute to coaching, mentoring, and retention of acquired entities’ financial talent
- Similar responsibilities to support geographic expansions and IPO readiness initiatives; ensuring new processes and changes are distributed to acquired organizations and new markets
- Ensuring process flow and alignment of integration activities with p44’s close processes, compliance requirements and reporting timelines
- Key linkage to other areas of the accounting and finance departments to coordinate change and implement plans.
Experiences and skills required
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance, or similar
- 10+ years of accounting and/or finance experience at a mix in public accounting and industry
- Saas and technology industry experience assisting or leading similar efforts required
- Knowledge of US GAAP, on a general basis but particularly around M&A requirements
- Proficiency with general ledger and supporting systems and office productivity tools such as Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven strategic skills - identifies the big picture, make complex decisions, clarify the path to follow, and deal with ambiguity
- Excellent operating skills from priority setting, timely decision making to getting work done through others
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- Excellent communication (written & oral), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate flexibility and open mindedness and considers impact on others
- Able to adapt your style to changing situations with tact, poise, and patience
- Strong passion for how finance can drive business outcomes
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.