Director Compensation and Equity at Paylocity
Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it's career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
When you feel like you belong, work is no longer work - it's personal. At Paylocity, we believe better employees lead to better companies. Workplaces and cultures that care will build the future, and at Paylocity, we're doing just that. Join us as we change the future and transform your career!
There are jobs and then there are careers. Since 1997, Paylocity has been hiring talented people, giving them big challenges, and providing the right resources to help them succeed. Our award-winning culture ensures all employees feel truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves. While other companies talk about it, we make it happen. Join Paylocity and launch your career!
The Director Compensation and Equity will work closely with partners and business leaders to design, implement, and administer all compensation programs including equity and deferred compensation. This role provides guidance and drives strategy to effectively meet organizational objectives while ensuring internal equity, external competitiveness, and compliance with applicable laws.
- Responsible for the evaluation, development, and implementation of compensation policies and programs that support the organization's business strategy
- Partners with business units and HR Business Partners to address compensation challenges and concerns, including but not limited to talent retention, internal compression, and market competitiveness
- Drive equity compensation strategy, oversee and plan for any necessary changes to equity incentive plans including monitoring share pool levels, assess and manage all elements of deferred compensation which include equity-based, deferred cash and other performance plans
- Overall ownership of all equity incentive compensation and ESPP programs
- Responsible for analysis and evaluation of competitive market information and research of external labor market trends
- Responsible for oversight of equity transactions and the equity administration platform including employee census data, grants, exercises, sales, releases, terminations, and employee communications
- Leading the compensation team through key enterprise-wide processes (such as annual merit, long-term and short-term incentives, etc.)
- Oversees the job evaluation process, utilizing market data and FLSA guidelines to provide recommendations to HR Business Partners
- Ensures team's ability to provide effective and robust analytics and strategic support to HR partners and business unites
- Thorough knowledge of compensation plan design and implementation including all supporting processes
- Ability to analyze costs, advantages, risks of a decision using sound logic to make well-informed recommendations and decisions
- Results oriented, highly collaborative, and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning and prioritization, problem solving, and business partnering skills
- Proficient verbal, nonverbal, written, and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher required plus at least 7-10 years' experience in broad based compensation, equity and deferred compensation
- Prior experience administering stock plans required
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of compensation policies and programs and associated compliance issues
- Broad experience with different equity forms such as RSUs, PSUs, stock options, and ESPP
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $145,000 - $205,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here . This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.