Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Donnelley Financial provides technology and expertise to help companies deliver accurate and timely business communications to shareholders, regulators, and investors. A single point of contact helps clients stay on top of the dynamic regulatory landscape and manage the logistics of your critical communications. Of course, we adhere to strict security protocols to protect sensitive data. With 3,500 employees in 61 locations across 18 countries, we provide thousands of clients with innovative tools for content creation, secure storage, management and distribution, as well as data analytics and multi-lingual translations services.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for the Company's consolidated monthly close, including the consolidation of multiple reporting units within the United States and International locations across multiple currencies
- Responsible for key Corporate Accounting areas, such as share-based compensation, earnings per share, statement of cash flows, pension and debt, as well as managing the Corporate monthly close process
- Responsible for the annual and interim goodwill impairment reviews
- Primary owner of BPC consolidation system. Responsibilities include monitoring access, creating reports to assist in reporting, identifying additional ways to automate reporting and providing training for other users
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual SEC filings (10-Q and 10-K), including reviewing supporting documentation and reviewing disclosure requirements
- Collaborate with Business Unit Finance, Internal Audit, Corporate departments (Tax, Treasury, Investor Relations, etc.), external auditors and other key members of the Corporate Controller's group
- Provide analysis and insight for other assignments and ad hoc projects as needed, including integration of acquisitions, restructuring activities, dispositions, impairment analysis, audit committee presentations and other requests from senior management
- Assist in updating and implementing accounting policies and newly issued accounting pronouncements
- Research accounting guidance associated with complex transactions and technical accounting issues and document conclusions. Provide timely guidance, recommendations and solutions
- Provide leadership and development for direct reports
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance
• CPA strongly preferred
• Minimum 10 years of related work experience at a multi-national, publicly-held corporation and public accounting firm (Big 4 firm preferred)
• Prior corporate accounting/consolidations experience
• Excellent problem solving, communication, interpersonal, analytical and time management skills required
• Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Strong technical skills required
• SAP, BPC experience a plus
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]