Director, Finance Operations at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
We are looking for a Director of Finance Operations to provide business support to our Finance organization and cross-functional business partners. This highly motivated individual will be critical to our business transformation effort as we scale including business process redesign, understanding system design, and the support of the ongoing needs of Finance and the functions they support.
What You'll Do
• Lead the global Finance organization's operational needs around scaling processes, systems, and tools.
• Lead projects that move the organization’s current state to a continuously improving, technology enabled future state.
• Lead global Finance function integration efforts for newly acquired organizations, and provide support to other functional areas to ensure acquisition business cases are realized.
• Work with newly acquired organizations to ensure they adopt the project44 tools and processes.
• Liase with Corporate Development team to ensure they are apprised of Finance integration efforts
• Understand the existing Finance Systems landscape - identify opportunities for efficiency and improvement and work with the IT organization to deliver system enhancements and/or implement new applications.
• Participate in IPO Readiness efforts, addressing organizational needs as appropriate.
• Define long-term strategy, help drive prioritization, analyze trade-offs, and collaborate on the overall Financial systems roadmap to improve existing and future state of operations.
• Lead projects from ideation through to implementation. Develop project plans, and schedules, balance resources, and track the completion of milestones.
• Cultivate strong stakeholder relationships and maintain effective communication channels. Ensure all stakeholders are aware of project decisions and status. Keep executive sponsors informed of the status and escalate as appropriate.
• Assess, document, and analyze business processes.
• Accountable for ensuring projects are compliant with regulatory requirements and company policies.
• 10+ years of Finance/Accounting/Revenue operations experience with management experience.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
• Excellent understanding of Accounting & Revenue principles and business processes related to operations.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues and recommend appropriate alternatives and solutions.
• Proven track record of building strong partnerships with IT organizations working on system enhancement and implementation projects.
• Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation.
• A self-starter who learns quickly delivers high-quality work and can adapt to challenges, either individually or as part of a team.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
• Ability to work independently, proactively, and quickly establish credibility by identifying problems and recommending solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.