Director of Finance at Screencastify
About the role
Screencastify is in hyper-growth mode. Over the past year, we’ve put many foundational pieces in place to help us maintain and accelerate that growth. We’re looking for our first Director of Finance to be the primary owner of critical finance, accounting, and performance initiatives related to Screencastify’s near and long-term success.
Why is the role special?
- You’re in control. The future of finance operations at Screencastify will follow your vision. You’ll have plenty of guidance and support from leadership as you execute. But ultimately, this is your show!
- You’re set up for success. You’ll be joining a bootstrapped, profitable company full of people who are acutely aware of (and excited about!) how much easier you’ll make their jobs. So you’ll have all the support you’ll need.
- You’ll be boarding a rocketship. Screencastify has experienced exponential growth over the past year. If done well, you’ll play a critical role in setting our sights away from the moon and towards Mars.
- Own the business model - this includes building forecast scenarios to help drive the evolution of our business’s growth, margins, expansion plans, and overhead
- Bulletproof our reporting and metric tracking process to provide insights to leadership across the organization in a timely manner (monthly, yearly and on).
- You will own the company’s P&L, budgeting process and variance analysis
- Manage and advise on special projects - may include new product or pricing launches and capital market initiatives
- Work with the CEO in enhancing board of director meeting materials, external reporting, and cap table
- Lead efforts to drive automation and role specific dashboards
- Own (and delegate/outsource when appropriate) our payroll, monthly accounting close, accounts receivable, and reconciliation processes
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have 7-10 years experience in finance and accounting (e.g., investment banking, consulting, FP&A/accounting); strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Have hands-on experience with SaaS companies
- Have extensive experience partnering with senior leadership both in finance and cross-functionally
- Are willing to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams both through in-person and remote management
- Have a data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy
Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
401k plan + match. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.