Director of Finance
We are looking for a Director of Finance to be responsible for the day to day management and oversight of our company’s financial and accounting processes.
Reporting to the CEO, the role of Director of Finance is to provide day to day management and oversight of the company’s financial and accounting processes including P&L management, balance sheet management, cash management, audit oversight, business forecasting, business reporting, and financial compliance. The role will encompass all aspects of the company’s business and financial activities and will be a key enabler of the company’s financial health. The Director of Finance will be an active member of DataCubes’ leadership team.
- Ownership of the company’s accounting system and financial reports.
- Production of accurate and timely financial reporting information that meets the requirements of key stakeholders, including relevant regulatory authorities, and the Company’s Board of Directors and its committees.
- Management of the external advisors and consultants including auditors and due diligence providers.
- Ensuring that the company meets all its reporting obligations.
- Managing the details of mapping data from our customer systems into accounting package – working closely with engineers and business operators.
- Managing the monthly close and settlement processes with our partners.
- Working closely with the analytics team to create and evaluate metrics and KPI’s.
- Managing the forecasting and internal budgeting process, including monthly reviews with leadership.
- Design, build and distribute relevant and timely information that supports the needs of the business.
- Provide input into the preparation of Board materials as needed.
- Ad hoc financial and data analysis.
- Ownership of the company’s tax processes.
- Field and respond to correspondence with tax authorities on behalf of the company.
- Design and implement appropriate and efficient financial processes to support the ongoing needs of the business.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities on an ongoing basis and implement changes where required.
- Ownership of the company’s financial control environment.
- Assess and monitor the control environment on an ongoing basis.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the control environment and design appropriate controls to be implemented as needed.
- Ensure compliance with any relevant regulation or other requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting. Masters preferred
- Chartered or Certified Practicing Accountant Designation
- Autonomous self-starter
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solver that is comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to multitask and manage multiple stakeholder
- Ability to engage with people from different disciplines
- Strong team player
- Working in venture-backed tech start-up highly desirable
- Insurance industry experience highly desirable