Director, Global Cashless & Digital Payments/Fraud at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
About the Department:
The Treasury Department is comprised of financial professionals who work together to drive long-term shareholder and System value by ensuring System-wide liquidity, managing and safeguarding financial risks, and providing world-class global financial leadership and expertise to the System.
About the Team:
The Global Cashless & Fraud team is a valued business partner for both the broader finance organization as well as the US Business and Digital Organization. The team’s primary goals are to 1) Act as a center of excellence to global stakeholders on cashless payments and fraud mitigation 2) Protect income and enhance cost savings with cashless/fraud partners c) Support the execution of the payments strategy and industry best practices within the organization by advising on costs, network compliance, fraud risk, technologies and overall best practices.
The Director, Global Cashless & Digital Payments/Fraud role will have responsibility for providing strategic vision and leadership to the global cashless and fraud organization. Director will be responsible for building out a fraud organization within Treasury and leading the fraud program across multiple lines of the business, interacting closely with key stakeholders including global digital, technology and operations organizations. Will also have responsibility for managing the strategic relationships and underlying contracts with our global partners within the payments & fraud ecosystem.
Provides thought leadership and global direction to the U.S. Business and McDonald’s Segments regarding all forms of existing and future cashless and fraud mitigation initiatives including traditional F2F and e/m-commerce environments.
· Ownership of the Fraud P&L, strategic road map, fraud mitigation team and the overall success of the Fraud Program
· Leads all fraud mitigation functions to ensure that service and quality standards are met.
· Lead and/or support cross-functional teams in negotiations with third parties on applicable contract terms regarding services and products provided by third party suppliers.
· Manage relationships with strategic global payment/fraud vendor partners to drive best in class service and cost savings for our restaurant owners, internal departments and affiliates.
· Analyze financial and transactional data to provide program reporting to senior management including program volumes, costs, key statistics, and partner revenues as well as evaluate business opportunities for launch and growth of cashless programs.
· Support worldwide effort to develop and optimize digital payment solutions (credit/debit/gift) across every facet of our interactions with customers. This includes mobile or non-traditional personal payment devices, web commerce, self-order kiosk and other emerging innovative consumer experience opportunities around payment
· Develop and influence global strategic direction for partnerships, innovation, and execution of payment solutions with the intent to deliver on modernizing the customer experience and broadening accessibility to Brand McDonald’s
· Expand presence and influence among retailers and suppliers to enhance industry knowledge and influence – includes representing McDonald’s at numerous industry group and associationsQualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum 10+ years’ experience in payments and fraud management (traditional F2F & ecommerce)
· Minimum 5 years of people management experience
· Extensive knowledge of payments processing industry including authorization, settlement, funding, chargebacks, interchange, card association rules/regulations, EMV, tokenization, encryption, PCI DSS, digital e/mcommerce payments, fraud and current industry trends/challenges.
· Possess a passion for and understanding of digital payment consumer behavior, trends and innovations
· Direct knowledge of fraud mitigation systems and industry tools
· Demonstrable decision making/problem solving skills
· Experience with vendor selection and contract negotiations
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills, leadership and team development skills
· Experience working with local-global organizations, either in market or corporate roles
· Strong ability to work cross functionally
- Some Travel RequiredAdditional Information
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.