Director of Research - Financial Services
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of experience driving thought leadership initiatives at the executive level within the consumer lending industry
- Experience managing a team of contributors to an initiative and maintaining their enthusiasm, even when they don’t report to you
- Experience mentoring and training junior analysts on how to think about the consumer lending business and how to tackle complex questions analytically and systematically.
- Experience evaluating data and summary statistics to find the underlying insights, and guide a research project in the most fruitful direction
- Prior public speaking experience with audiences up to 400 people
- Prior experience transforming data into meaningful business intelligence to address the core business questions we’re looking to solve
- Ability to tailor your conversational approach to the audience—technical where you need to be, and strategic where appropriate, but always aimed at answering the business question.
We’d Love to See:
- Advanced degree in business, statistics, analytics, operations research, finance, banking, or another related field.
- Hands on experience with manipulating large datasets using SAS, R, or similar analytical language
Impact You'll Make:
- As an authority on consumer credit, you will drive research and analysis projects around complex market dynamics, including ideation, study design, results analysis and final publication.
- You will evaluate those dynamics and their impact on customer needs, and translate those insights into actionable strategies and revenue-generating solution sets.
- You will speak eloquently on behalf of TransUnion to share our insights at both our own conferences and at 3rd-party industry events.
- You will drive our thought leadership more broadly as a TransUnion spokesperson to print, radio and television media outlets.
- You will manage and coach a team of analysts and senior analysts that will be responsible for development of the research studies and analyses.
- You will be responsible for review and approval of 3rd-party researchers looking to use TransUnion data for their own research.
- You will author articles based on our research for publication in industry-specific journals.
- You will attend various industry association functions and seminars to maintain your knowledge of industry trends, best practices and competitive product offerings. By staying abreast of industry changes, you will maintain your own expertise in our dynamic industry. You will also educate/inform both internal TransUnion management and also our customers regarding the impact of industry dynamics on customers and TransUnion clients.
- Through all these efforts, you will drive the sense of TransUnion as an authority on lending and risk dynamics and a worthwhile, trusted partner to our clients and prospects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.