Equity Research Analyst at Morningstar
About the Role
Our Equity Research team requires an experienced equity analyst to cover Healthcare stocks, primarily focusing on a select group of Biotechnology companies and Contract Research Organizations.
• Analyze publicly available information, develop industry-relevant contacts and build internally-generated data to create investment mosaic, often with incomplete information.
• Estimate fair values for about 20 healthcare companies, mostly focusing on mid-cap biotechnology firms and contract research organizations.
• Gather and analyze industry data to develop a long-term industry vision and write notes for a sophisticated and demanding client base in a timely, accurate, insightful manner. Analyze implications of fundamental industry developments for coverage.
• Regularly publish reports, detailed discounted cash flow models that focus on the key drivers of the business, and in-depth research pieces, including the qualitative and quantitative analyses of your coverage’s Economic Moats.
• Develop relationships with coverage companies and industry participants by attending company events and industry conferences to enhance research and build brand.
• Become an expert in Morningstar’s Economic Moat research methodology.
• Proactively surface attractive investment ideas internally and externally to support all products and clients.
• Collaborate with colleagues by lending your financial, industry and investment expertise, including reviews of written research, financial models, moat presentations and other items as requested by your Director.
• Act with independence and an ‘investors first’ attitude at all times.
• A bright, motivated individual with the desire to succeed in an intellectually-intense environment. Possess intellectual curiosity, a passion for creative analysis, and attention to detail.
• Ability to think broadly and creatively about a range of strategic issues affecting a business.
• Strong qualitative and quantitative acumen combined with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to have
• Bachelor’s degree; a CFA designation and/or MBA or a Masters is preferred.
• Three to five years of experience in sell side or buy side equity research; Alternatively, three to five years of healthcare industry experience combined with a proven interest in equity research.
036_MstarResearchLLC Morningstar Research Services LLC Legal Entity