Finance and Operations Analyst at BigTime Software, Inc.
BigTime is the engine behind the greatest consulting firms on the planet, delivering back-office time/budgeting and invoicing to over 2,000 firms worldwide and tracking over $3 billion in billable time each year. Our flagship product is a SaaS-based system that is custom-built for the professional services industry. BigTime is a PE-backed company based in Chicago committed to helping clients run professional teams more efficiently, unlocking potential revenue and improving profitability.
If you love what you do, and want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that will challenge you to do your best, then check us out!
BigTime Software is looking to add a Financial and Operations Analyst to our Chicago-based Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Manager and Controller, this individual will play a key role in building financial reporting and analysis that delivers value and insight and drives business decisions. This individual will be responsible for building and deploying scalable and efficient financial reporting and processes as BigTime continues to grow, and ensuring BigTime has timely and accurate information to meet its strategic business goals. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with experience in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment, and a passion for finding and owning opportunities.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Support the evaluation of key financial and productivity metrics, including the development and preparation of regular operational reports for management and executive teams
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators
- Communicate analytic findings and conclusions in an easy-to-understand manner
- Work closely with the CFO, SVP of Sales, VP of Marketing and COO to define and track key performance metrics
- Provide cross functional support of sales, marketing, and customer success
- Analyze profit center payback and profitability
- Revenue and expense allocations
- Support marketing with conversion and efficiency questions
- Support sales with individual performance measurement
- Performs ad hoc analysis as required
What experience you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business, or related fields
- 2-4+ years of experience in corporate finance, consulting, or high-growth technology environment
- SaaS metrics and reporting experience in a high growth company preferred
- Demonstrates highest level of personal integrity and commitment to individual and team accountability
- Detail-oriented and committed to 100% accuracy of all information
- Excellent communication skills with the interpersonal and leadership qualities required to continuously motivate and develop a team,
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task in a very fast-paced environment
- Experience successfully scaling processes and programs within a high-growth company
- Highly proficient with MS office suite, expert-level Excel skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals at all levels
- SaaS Optics experience or other SaaS billing software is a plus
What you can expect about life at BigTime:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Company paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous time off and paid company holidays
- Company provided latest technology & software tools
- Weekly Lunch Credit via DoorDash and company paid DashPass (free unlimited delivery)
- While the role is based in Chicago, we offer a Flexible Work Environment with opportunity to work remotely
- Fresh fruit, snacks, cold brew coffee/tea, soda and La Croix
- Great, convenient downtown / loop location (While we are still working remotely due to COVID, we feel this is worth highlighting)
Please, no agency or third party solicitation.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. BigTime Software, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.