Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Finance Manager to help make sound financial decisions. Work will include functional business partnering, modeling business scenarios, tracking performance measurements, guiding the company for strategic decision making, and other financial directives.
We are looking for someone who is a highly motivated teammate, has excellent attention to detail, can work cross functionally in a team environment, as well as independently. This person will partner with individual department heads to understand historical and future revenue streams, including the company’s P&L forecasting and reporting processes.Your Responsibilities:
- Own overall company revenue forecasting model, providing weekly updates to Leadership Team
- Serve as the lead finance business partner to internal functions including but not limited to Product, Analytics, and Accounting to handle budget, forecasting, and development / tracking of meaningful critical metrics to measure efficiencies and return on investments
- Present monthly revenue and variance analyses to CFO, Quarterly to CEO
- Build and own global payments revenue & cost modeling
- Run variance analyses, find trends, and make recommendations to leadership
- Identify and drive operational improvements as well as create ad-hoc dashboards
- 6-8 years of experience in a finance related role with banking or investment consulting experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills combined with collaborative mindset to arrive at the best business decision
- Modeling, reporting, and presentation skills (Adaptive Insights, Excel, Looker, and G-suite experience a plus)
- Critical thinker with sound business judgement and a continuous improvement attitude who quickly raises issues and facilitates an environment to solve them
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.