Located in Toronto or Chicago, the individual will be responsible for the ongoing surveillance of a portfolio of CMBS transactions rated by DBRS Morningstar, publishing periodic updates and performing annual and event-driven deal reviews using a quantitative modeling approach to assess credit risk and ratings implications. The individual will begin in this role assisting seasoned analysts in completing these tasks and will eventually make regular presentations to credit committee. This is a writing intensive role and will require the drafting of press releases and loan level commentary for all ratings actions.
• Ongoing monitoring of performance metrics by analyzing property-level documents (operating statements, rent rolls and property inspections) for the underlying collateral in an assigned portfolio of CMBS transactions.
• Communicating with third parties, such as servicers and other information providers, to obtain collateral updates.
• Presentation of loan and bond-level analysis and recommendations to credit committee for discussion and approval.
• Working with a publishing group to produce written deliverables for DBRS Morningstar rating actions for publication.
• Assisting in the composition of research reports and market and industry commentary for investors and conference audiences.
The successful candidate will possess an undergraduate degree; a concentration in finance, real estate or a related area is a plus. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment, be analytical and highly attentive to detail. The candidate will be highly poised and possess excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. In addition, candidates must possess a high degree of proficiency in Excel as well as the intellectual curiosity to develop new processes and to perform complex analyses. Well-developed writing skills are also required. All necessary documents are required for domestic and international travel. This is an entry level position.
Degree concentration in finance, real estate or a related area
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.