Financial Analyst at Chowly Inc. (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Chowly, a market leader in the Third Party Online Ordering (TOOS) to Point of Sale (POS) integration space, currently helps restaurants streamline the delivery process and simplify technology. We are looking for an Analyst to join our Finance team in our hybrid working environment. Work from home or from our headquarters located in downtown Chicago.
Recognized as one of the Best Medium Places to Work in 2020 and 2021 by Builtin Chicago, Chowly has been consistently growing and evolving since its founding in 2015. Our team values innovation, collaboration, and transparency. In our environment, your opinions count; contributions are recognized and rewarded. Culture is paramount, and our number-one priority is hiring people with great energy, who want to engage in building and supporting the goals and future of Chowly alongside their own.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Financial Analyst contributes to the overall success of the organization through effective financial analysis for the organization. This includes financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking. Regular and frequent communication with internal stakeholders will be required. This role will also compile financial information and reports, while working closely to track KPI’s. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate to apply strong financial analysis skills and continue their career in an open and collaborative environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and help maintain financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- University degree in Finance and/or Business Information Systems
- 1-2 years of experience in as a financial/business analyst
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Solid understanding of how different data sources from different systems can be merged
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- MS Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Gmail, Google Docs and Google Sheets
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and are an equal opportunity employer.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off, holiday leave, and remote work
- 401(k) Plan
- Health and Wellness Program stipend
- Robust medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- 10 Week Parental Plan for primary and secondary caregivers