As a Financial Analyst at Echo Global Logistics, you will be required to perform standard monthly close processes in a timely fashion in order to meet internal and external deadlines. You will also be heavily involved in our quarterly re-forecast and annual budget cycles, aligning business needs with short and long-term financial goals. You will be required to work with management and department heads across the enterprise to ensure engagement, accuracy and consistency in all aspects of financial reporting.
Prior experience with the cloud-based financial planning platform Anaplan is strongly recommended, as is a proficiency with Excel.
Finally, you must be self-motivated. A proven ability to take partial direction and run with it or blaze your own trail that helps move the business forward is key. The environment is fast-paced and you will be privy to proprietary information, so a proven history of discretion is required as well.
This role will report to the Manager of Financial Planning but will interact with all departments regularly, including the Executive team and Business Unit leaders.
Essential Job Functions
- Create and update reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually as needed using Anaplan and Excel
- Create ad hoc reports to support Echo in all capacities
- Develop and analyze financial and operational metrics and report on developing trends for the business
- Work with the Reporting team to enhance and/or develop internal reports
- Provide analytical support to the department as directed by Echo Leadership
- Prepare accurate, easy to read, concise and insightful analysis and presentations
- Constantly communicate relevant information to stakeholders on any project
- Drive change, resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
Leadership & Teamwork
- As a cross-departmental resource, constantly solicit feedback from supervisors, department VPs and directors to make yourself and your department a more efficient and better place to work
- Provide ability to mentor other analysts and collaborative with other reporting arms to ensure consistency and avoid duplicative work.
Qualified candidates will possess the following characteristics and experience:
- A strong interest in data analytics and technology such as Anaplan and Excel
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other business analysts across Echo organization
- 2-3 years’ work experience, ideally within a financial role
- Transportation/Supply Chain experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-managed and motivated, able to work independently on most projects
- Enjoys and thrives in fast-paced, fluid work environment
- Ability to follow through with tasks to their completion
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain privacy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.