Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
The FP&A function at Reverb uses rigorous financial modeling & analytics to generate financial & strategic insights that inform business decisions across the company. Ultimately, the team’s work strengthens Reverb’s alignment of its strategic growth initiatives with its financial goals. This entails providing a consolidated financial rollup to assess company-wide performance and outlook. The FP&A team provides a trusted voice and work product across all senior leaders and executives. Our mission is to reliably tell the financial and operational story of what is transpiring in the world of Reverb — to teams, to senior management, and to the community.
Reverb’s Financial Analyst will be part of the FP&A team and play an integral role supporting Reverb’s financial and operational performance. This position will work directly with the FP&A Manager through various planning and ad hoc exercises, such as financial modeling, forecasts, and reporting. The position requires an experienced financial and strategic minded professional capable of juggling multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization who can partner across organizational and functional boundaries to drive projects to successful completion.
This role is located in Chicago, IL
About the Role
- Manage consolidated & departmental forecasting processes
- Manage & own weekly forecasting of topline financial metris
- Partner with Accounting team to analyze financial results across P&L line items and key financial metrics
- Partner with Analytics function to support and deliver key insights to Product and Marketing Functions
- Work cross-functionally to ensure alignment on forecasted and actual performance
- Drive standardization, process improvement and planning best practices across all departments
- Support management decision making through analysis and modeling as needed
Skills / Experience Required
- Minimum 2 years experience in FP&A, consulting, or transaction services
- Revenue, operating expense and headcount management experience across the P&L
- Ability to identify and drive impactful financial outcomes
- Strong technical background: Driver-based financial modeling, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present your insights visually
- Proactive and creative problem solving skills
- Proven project management skills; capable of carrying projects through to completion with little direct guidance
- Care deeply about the quality and integrity of your work
- You are passionate about subjects such as financial modeling, tactical strategic planning, and teamwork
What you'll get
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans, we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative are valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment.
- 401k with company match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
- A MacBook, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and standing desk.
- Discounts on music gear.