The Financial Analyst contributes to the Finance team with a focus on corporate financial planning and analysis. The Financial Analyst supports OCC’s purpose of ensuring confidence in the financial markets and the broader economy by supporting the annual budget process, analyzing month-end close variances, and producing monthly forecasts at both a management and business unit level. The Financial Analyst plays a crucial role in maintaining the Finance team’s internal policies and procedures, supporting internal and external audits, and testing internal controls.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
The position executes core financial planning and analysis processes, including data input into Oracle PBCS, data output validation through reporting, data analysis to craft financial stories, and data presentations via PowerPoint to business partners across the organization. Other responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Produce monthly flash, variance, P&L, cash flow, headcount, and contract volume reports leveraging Oracle PBCS and Excel SmartView
- Analyze variances to forecast and budget for month-to-date, year-to-date, and full-year results
- Submit budget and forecast data to Oracle PBCS for consolidation and reporting
- Validate the consolidation of budget and forecast data in Excel
- Support the administration of Oracle PBCS; consolidation, archiving forecast/budget versions, hierarchy and headcount management
- Maintain the portfolio of standardized reports and presentations in Excel and PowerPoint with a focus on continuous enhancements and automation
- Support Finance’s compliance posture by maintaining internal policies and procedures through PolicyTech and Archer applications
- Lead response to internal and external audit requests
- Facilitate business partner financial requests to support their departments
- Opportunity to own and perform analysis on ad-hoc projects
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Two or more years in an analytical role in corporate finance with an understanding of how a financial planning and analysis team operates
- Eagerness to learn, be challenged, and a desire to add value
- Innate ability to identify trends, track down clues, and solve problems
- Exemplify OCC’s core values: innovation & agility, stewardship, collaboration, performance & accountability, ethics & integrity
- Must enjoy working with and understanding big data and how to report in real-time
- PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills preferred (SmartView, pivot tables, lookups, index/match, offset, macros)
- Oracle PBCS, Archer, PolicyTech, Workday experience a plus
- Strong understanding of basic finance and accounting principles
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.