Financial Manager - GBS Finance at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.Job Description
Global Business Services (GBS) is comprised of various teams across both captive shared service centers and third party outsourcing service providers. Our vision is connect our customers with the services and solutions they need, focus on achieving operational excellence, deliver tangible results, and pursue continuous improvement innovation. The GBS finance tower is responsible for global financial service delivery including sourced and GBS delivery teams, North America payroll, customer relationship management, and integrated GBS data and reporting.
About the Opportunity:
This position provides a tremendous opportunity for an individual to gain an overall understanding of the McDonald’s income statement, balance sheet, cash flows, manual journal entry reconciliation, trial balance review, and monthly reporting. It will provide the individual the opportunity to practice their interpersonal skills and people skills while managing a team of 7 individuals. Furthermore it will provide the candidate with broad exposure to the global business services group and related operational improvement projects.
- Oversee and direct a timely month end close process to ensure accounts are reconciled, reviewed, and have appropriate supporting documentation
- Oversee monthly SOX reporting and compliance
- Oversee monthly sales close process
- Oversee analysis of monthly financial statement results for US
- Oversee quarterly balance sheet and trail balance review
- Oversee monthly journal entry process for US
- Review quarterly cash flow roll forward
- Accountable for performance, development, and coaching of staff
- Oversee and direct preparing for and providing support to external auditors
- Various ad hoc projects
- Responsible for the delivery excellence of the day-to-day services performed by the team
- Support cost reduction / service improvement opportunities and continuous improvement
- Monitor and manage service delivery performance reporting to GBS Finance leadership
- Raise issues to Service Delivery Lead when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA a plus
- Minimum 7 years of progressive accounting experience; Supervision experience required
- Strong project management, organizational; ability to manage multiple tasks /projects simultaneously
- Background in global people management, financial responsibility, operational excellence, and business decision-making
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Significant statistical analysis and reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of general accounting principles
- Intermediate understanding of report query and design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Customer Service Orientation
- Flexibility for a changing environment
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Willing to travel 0-10%
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.