Founded in 2013, Home Chef is the leading meal solutions company with both a retail and online presence. Available online at homechef.com and in retail at more than 2,100 Kroger grocery stores, Home Chef is committed to inspiring and enabling more people to cook simple, delicious meals, no matter how busy they are.
Similar to our recipes, we recognize that variety is the spice of life, and therefore, our employees also bring their uniqueness and color to our fantastic team. We’re eager to work with humble team players and pragmatic next-level thinkers to innovate on Home Chef’s offerings.
While most of us continue to work remotely, our newly renovated headquarters at the Old Post Office is open for voluntary return to work. Our organization is closely following the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and will share updates on our 2022 return to the office plan as soon as any decisions are made.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will support the fast paced growth of Home Chef’s strategic initiatives through detailed financial analysis, planning and reporting. This role will work closely with business leaders throughout the organization to provide visibility and clear insights into an increasingly complex business model.
Manage the annual company budget, long-term strategic plan and monthly forecasts:
- Own and improve the consolidated financial model used throughout the planning process
- Develop processes to enhance Home Chef’s ability to manage an increasingly complex business model
- Work with cross-functional leadership to deeply understand key drivers of all lines of business to provide insight into future trajectory and identify opportunities for both growth and savings
- Develop recommendations based financial analyses of strategic questions
- Evaluate new revenue opportunities, capital projects or expense saving initiatives through cost-benefit analysis to be included in ongoing plan updates
- Improve process for planning, tracking and monitoring company headcount, payroll and related costs
- Perform strategic planning “what-if” scenarios for annual company projections, helping executives and business leaders make real-time decisions
- Effectively communicate key insights and business trends to senior leadership, including Kroger stakeholders
Develop and maintain reporting on performance relative to plan:
- Enhance and further develop current reporting, providing visibility and actionable insights to the executive team and business leaders on an ongoing basis
- Perform regular business reviews with executives and business leaders to assess any deviations from the financial plan and deep dive with functional teams to assess root cause, providing recommendations for improvement
- Identify and develop new reporting to help measure the success and monitor the progress of new initiatives, including hindsight analysis
Ad hoc analysis:
- Perform ad hoc analysis on an as needed basis
- 5+ years progressive experience within a fast-paced environment
- Completion of a four-year degree program
- Prior direct people management experience
- Ability to leverage data to drive strategic insights and make actionable, results oriented recommendations through complex financial models while maintaining “big picture” focus
- Track record in building and creating financial processes, analyses and models from the ground up
- Advanced analytics (Excel, Google Sheets) and presentation (PowerPoint, Google Slides) skills with ability to communicate findings in a clear concise manner to project stakeholders and executive stakeholders
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
How We Work Together
We are humble team players.
We are warm and gracious with team members and customers. We seek feedback to improve ourselves - and respectfully listen to and accept input.
We are pragmatic next-level thinkers.
We come up with novel and unique ideas. We explore new strategies to avoid being constrained by conventional thinking.
We take ownership.
We approach ambiguous problems, prepared to dive in, get curious, and learn more. We are results-driven, always challenging ourselves to exceed goals.
Be at Home at Home Chef
We all show up authentically at Home Chef. Our team includes individuals with a variety of identities, backgrounds, and perspectives. You can trust that you’ll be able to bring your whole self to an inclusive and enjoyable workplace.
We welcome people of all races, colors, religions, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disabilities, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Home Chef is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Home Chef will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant notice click here