Financial Reporting Analyst, Loans at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will play a key role in executing the mission of the Accounting and Financial Reporting (AFR) department. Responsibilities consist of performing various aspects of the accounting function, including support of the month-end close process, as well as assisting with the credit union’s internal and external financial reporting processes. Work involves some research and analysis to facilitate the accounting and financial reporting processes, proactively identifying and implementing process improvements, and ensuring that proper controls are in place and operating as designed. Resources to do the job require reliance on the ability to understand and apply GAAP, the ability to interpret and clearly explain financial information, and the ability to problem-solve and identify process improvement opportunities. Direct supervision is received from the Manager, Financial Reporting.
Do you see yourself doing this
Accounting / Month-End Close
- Responsible for various aspects of loan interest income accounting such as interest accrual, deferred loan origination costs and loan yield analysis
- Responsible for the all facets of loan purchase and sales accounting, which includes gain on sale and accounting for mortgage servicing rights
- Responsible for being the key accounting support to the Loan Trading Desk team
- Support month-end close process including preparing/reviewing journal entries and completing assigned balance sheet reconciliations within set timeframe
- Assist with all aspects of the organization’s internal and external financial reporting processes such as the quarterly call report, monthly board package and loan reporting
- Ensure the financial results are accurately reported in compliance with GAAP, regulatory rules and guidelines, and corporate policy and procedures
- Interpret and explain financial information to management
- Act as a back-up to the payroll accounting process
Project Management Responsibilities
- Continuously assesses accounting and reporting processes to improve efficiency through automation or streamlining of processes
- Work with cross-functional peers to develop and implement appropriate process improvement initiatives
- Responsible for the integrity of the accounting and financial reporting processes, ensuring that the proper controls are in place and operating as designed
- Responsible for reviewing and updating the documentation of the accounting and financial reporting processes on a regular basis
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintain integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants to this position must either have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered (proof of vaccination is required), or be willing to submit a negative COVID-19 test result in advance of each visit to an Alliant facility.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, required; MBA and/or CPA preferred and a minimum of 3-5 years financial accounting and reporting experience required, and you have:
- Previous SOX experience desirable
- Strong knowledge of GAAP required
- Ability to multi-task and deal with heavy work volume with tight time parameters
- Must possess strong analytical, written and oral communication skills, and above average judgmental capabilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required (Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience with accounting software systems
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels within the organization
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off