Financial Strategy Analyst at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
project44 is actively seeking a Financial Strategy Analyst to support the Company’s financial planning, budgeting, accounting and daily operations. You will be responsible for working with the finance team, and partnering with the business to help them understand and manage their budgets and forecasts, while proactively delivering insights to relevant constituents. You will also facilitate communications across the organization, delivering insightful analyses and reports to internal and external parties and working closely with the accounting function to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. You will get as much responsibility as you demonstrate you can handle!
- Work with the CFO and finance team to own and maintain the forecasting process used to identify and communicate areas that may require additional focus
- Monitor and communicate trends, and assess implications along with developing actionable strategies
- Work with cross functional teams (Product, Sales, People, Finance, Marketing, etc.) to help them manage their financial goals and drive better efficiency and productivity
- Aid in M&A and fund-raising activities, including presentation creation, data analyses and due diligence requirements
- Recommend, implement and report on benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance
- Assist in the production and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to determine key drivers impacting the Company’s performance
- 2+ years of finance experience in an investment banking, consulting or financial planning & analysis role
- Knowledge of business and finance necessary
- BS/BA Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Significant Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent people management, leadership and development skills coupled with the ability to adjust to multiple demands, rapid changes and shifting priorities are essential
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- You must be assertive, highly driven and self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with well-developed analytical capabilities
- The highest standards of accuracy, organization and precision and the ability to think creatively and strategically while acting tactically
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive relationships and work effectively with all internal and external constituencies
- Experience advising or working in high-tech startup company with a fast-paced environment, specifically in SaaS
- Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Management Consulting experience is a plus
- International experience in Europe, Asia/Pacific a plus
- Experience with Netsuite, Zuora, Tableau, Financial Planning Software a plus
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.