Financial Svcs Account Specialist - Remote at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Filing and Compliance Services Department. Ensuring that the highest levels of customer service are achieved by maintaining effective communications with Service, customers, sales, planning and scheduling, and various other departments. Maintain positive internal and external customer relations through active engagement with the customer through all stages of document processing from initial contact through final delivery of the product. Must process documents for electronic filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) Electronic Data Gathering Analysis and Retrieval (EDGAR) system on behalf of Donnelley Financial Solutions clients.
• Focuses on understanding both the customer needs and the ability of the company to offer solutions for building and maintaining long-term relationships.
• Partners with Service departments to identify process improvements.
• Manages effective communication between the both teams, Service, customers, management and sales.
• Balances customer (internal and external) and company needs, resulting in strong customer relationships.
• Read, review, comprehend and complete customer (internal and external) requests as specified.
• Engage senior specialist and/or internal customers (internal and external) with any inquiries or clarifications to fulfill request.
• Follow detailed workflow processes to complete tasks.
• Will be responsible for researching and compiling data needed to prepare the appropriate electronic filing of SEC EDGAR filings and other financial compliance documents.
• Will be responsible for the use of several different software tools to process work.
• Must be able to understand several hundred SEC form types including but not limited to:
-Rules and regulations governing these form types
-How and when each form type is required to be filed (deadlines)
-Definition of fields in each form type
-Know and understand the formats each form type can file in (HTML, XML, PDF, TXT, XBRL, JPG, GIF, etc.)
-Know the components of each form type and understand when components are missing or omitted
• Must learn, comprehend and understand EDGAR related definitions and terminology.
• Must be able to answer internal/external EDGAR questions.
• Must be able to use internal website as well as the SEC’s web sites to research information in order to process work and respond to internal/external client questions and requests.
• Must ensure final documents are complete and ready for electronic submission to the SEC.
• Must be able to multi-tasks, manage two mailboxes, manage two chat systems, complete tasks in time requested, work under pressure when applicable, think outside of the box, resolve problems, offer solutions, must be detailed, concise and accurate, a team player, understand when to seek assistance, follow the direction of management and senior specialists, provide feedback, follow through with tasks and accept constructive criticism.
• Must be a fast learner and aggressively seek to learn more about EDGAR.
• Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
* May tally the final production runs and work performed to assemble paperwork for billing purposes.
* Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or 2-4 years of relevant experience
- 2-4 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, or demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience. A degree in Accounting/Finance, or accountancy experience, would be a strong positive.
- Very good knowledge of general operations, procedures and knowledge of job specific processes to successfully execute and complete the more progressive/complex duties of the job.
- Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact work has on department or company.
- Very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete duties successfully.
- Good knowledge of multiple functions or areas of the business in which there is frequent contact with while completing daily work assignments of the job.
- Very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments.
- Requires very good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Additional job knowledge, skills, and/or abilities specific to a department may be listed on the staffing requisition.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. #TalentknowsTalent