Financial Analyst at FourKites
Location: Chicago, IL
Join a fast-paced, innovative, data-driven start up named 2021 Best Tech Start ups In Chicago, that is changing the Supply Chain industry through real time tracking and end-to-end visibility.
Our team is looking for a FP&A Analyst that will be a key member of the growing FP&A team. The FP&A function leads financial planning and forecasting for the global organization, providing timely, accurate, and relevant information to senior management and investors. This role will assist in high-visibility and business critical projects including variance analysis, ongoing financial reporting, and Board material preparation as well as operating budgets and quarterly forecasts. You will get an opportunity to partner with key business leaders, work across our global organization to support departments in the US, India, and Netherlands to drive strategic investment and growth initiatives.
A strong candidate for this role will be familiar with working in a fast-paced environment, is detailed oriented and self-motivated.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in preparation of financial reporting package for internal and external stakeholders, highlighting key business issues, trends, and variance analyses against Board approved budgets
- Assist in preparation of accurate expense and cash forecasts based on historical financial performance, provide recommendations on areas to focus on
- Lead preparation and analyses of budget vs actual figures from the consolidated financial statements, by region and by department, summarizing in concise reports and presenting to business unit leaders
- Perform ad-hoc financial and operational analysis including costs by product or location, COGS analysis, historical revenue trends, etc.
- Support preparation of the Annual operating plan including P&L, Cash and Balance Sheet budgets
- Support Financial Reporting/Planning system implementation to improve efficiencies and visibility across organization
- Identify potential efficiencies in day to day work and implement automation tools/techniques to streamline
- Ability to leverage internal resources and tools to ensure access to accurate data
- BS degree in Business / Finance / Accounting / Economics preferred (Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering also welcome)
- 1-2 years of experience in corporate finance, banking, management consulting or high-growth start up
- Advanced Excel / PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with financial analysis and planning software applications (Intacct, NetSuite, Adaptive Insights)
- SQL / Python / VBA & general systems integration experience a plus
- Experience in agile & fast-paced environment, SaaS industry experience a plus
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.