Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Finance Manager to join the team and have immediate impact and help make sound financial decisions. This position reports into the Director of FP&A and will be responsible for our finance business partnering. Your work will include but is not limited to owning the business partnering function, implementing and improving processes, driving strategic prioritization and return on investment analysis.
You are a highly motivated teammate, have excellent attention to detail, can work cross functionally in a team environment, as well as independently. Candidates will be responsible for leading a team of analysts, be the key partner to executives across the company and guide investment decisions that support the company’s strategic initiatives.Your Responsibilities:
- Lead business partnering across all functions (R&D, S&M and G&A); establish positive relationships with and become a key adviser to senior leaders
- Roll up your sleeves and drive annual operating plans, quarterly and monthly forecasts for departmental expenses, provide ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan and/or forecast as well as the underlying models
- Partner with department heads to ensure accuracy, efficient spending, and decision making rooted in data
- Identify and drive operational improvements; build or improve reporting and dashboards, trend analysis and provide thoughtful, relevant and insightful information for key decision making
- Partner with the business to build and measure return on investment framework around key initiatives
- Supervise, mentor, develop and empower at least two Analysts
- 6+ years of experience in a finance related role, ideally in corporate or business partner FP&A functions
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Proven success in developing and applying finance concepts, practices and procedures.
- Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities
- Understanding of cost drivers; including global hiring, compensation, benefits, vendor expenses and etc
- Modeling, reporting and presentation skills (Excel and G-suite)
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change.
- Ability to think creatively and has high standard of accuracy and precision
- Prior experience with Adaptive Insights, Oracle is a major plus
- Understanding or experience in a marketplace environment
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.