FP&A Manager at Tovala
We're Tovala, a food-tech company completely reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and food, we give our customers a way to enjoy really good, good-for-you meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. We've amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following in just three years, radically changing the day-to-day lives of people across the country and successfully creating a new model for the food industry. We're looking for great people to join our team of hard-working, food-loving nerds.
About the job.
We’re looking for a FP&A Manager to join our Finance team on a full-time basis. In this role you will support the VP of Finance and work with all departments to provide financial analysis, forecasting, and reporting for both internal and external stakeholders. This person will be detail orientated, self-motivated, and a collaborative team member. This role is perfect for you if you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are interested in making your mark on a growing tech company.
How you'll spend your time at Tovala.
- Preparing analysis on monthly financial results for our team and investors
- Owning the P&L and cash flow forecast to support business strategic decision making, forecasting and target setting.
- Working with key managers across departments (Food Operations, Marketing, Hardware, etc.) to provide insights on business drivers and results.
- Tracking and analyzing KPIs, including LTV, CAC, Meal Margin, Retention
- Collaborating with the data analytics team to automate and improve visibility of KPI’s for all teams.
- Identifying and implementing operational improvements as well as conducting adhoc analysis for key decision making
- Recommending and implementing process improvements for financial reporting and analysis
- Driving the annual planning process and departmental operating plans
- Being heavily involved in both equity and debt fundraising activities
- Bachelors required, preferably in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 5+ years in an FP&A, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking or Related role
- You have expertise in forecasting and modeling financials
- You are a savvy communicator who can distill complex concepts and communicate information and data in a simple and compelling way
- You are motivated to drive business results and not just report on them
- You have a demonstrated ability to build and lead high performing teams
- You have strong analytical skills and are obsessed with numbers and data... you dream in spreadsheets
- You can adapt to change quickly, tackle unfamiliar tasks and requests with resourcefulness and minimal guidance
- You are a highly collaborative, team player with low ego and high eagerness to take on new challenges in a growing business
- You're interested in startups and excited to work in a fast-paced environment
- You want to work in an environment that takes a people-first approach; values humility, transparency, and ambition
- You love food, whether that means cooking it, eating it, frequently pressing your nose against deli windows, or lusting after soft-serve on Instagram. All fair game.