Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective through the use of digital instructional resources. Partnering with more than 400 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortlessly distributing those materials.
The FP&A Manager is responsible for providing the data and reporting necessary for intelligent decision making. The FP&A Manager will demonstrate knowledge of analytics and reporting, and will be able to work with other interested internal parties, including senior leadership, to provide information to assist in decision-making and contract execution. The ideal candidate will be able to work cross functionally between Finance, Product, Sales, and Publisher Relations to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Margin analysis and assisting with considerations during contract execution
● Collaborate with stakeholders within our Finance, Product, Sales, and Publisher Relations team to create and maintain consistency in reporting across all product horizontals
● Assist with design and implementation of software to automate budgeting process
● Completion of the Finance team’s monthly management reporting deck, including budget to actual comparisons/explanation
● Manage vendor partnerships with NetSuite, PBCS, Power BI, and other appropriate data tools
● Document and adhere to standard analytics and reporting processes
● 7 years of professional experience relevant to data analysis and reporting, which should include a minimum of 3 years as an FP&A Manager
○ People management is not required for this role
● Bachelor’s degree in a Finance/Accounting
● Excellent analytical skills
● Experience with data visualization and ability to turn data into stories
● Ability to perform difficult analytical tasks independently
● Ability to interface effectively with teammates and other business units
● Organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively drive business outcomes
● Must be committed to building and managing internal customer relationships to support communication and progress of company objectives by providing high levels of customer service
● Ability to present results in a concise and easy to understand manner
● A can-do and positive attitude towards researching questions/requests that may arise
● Continually display RedShelf’s core competencies throughout day-to-day requirements
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
● Comfort and/or experience in a fast-paced, growing environment
● Ideal candidate is self-sufficient, organized and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy
● CPA is a plus
● Understanding of and experience using reporting tools similar to Oracle Hyperion/PBCS and Power BI is preferred
● No M&A experience required
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.