Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented Fraud/Payouts Specialist to support our Risk team’s mission of keeping Reverb’s marketplace the safest and most secure destination to buy, sell, and discover gear from across the globe! As a member of the team, you’ll need to be a proactive investigator who has the health and safety of our users as your top priority. You never take things at face value, but rather you relish in the opportunity to dig deeper and analyze the information that’s put in front of you. As a person fueled by curiosity, you take the time to consider multiple perspectives and outcomes in order to mitigate fraud on the platform. You’ll play an integral role in strengthening and protecting our community of musicians and music-lovers by upholding the Reverb values and keeping the bad players at bay!
- Read messages, process tracking information and compose risk profiles to determine whether users are eligible to receive payouts.
- Ensure record keeping is accurate and updated.
- Actively manage a real-time purchase approval queue and mitigate loss exposure by identifying and cancelling fraudulent transactions.
- Examine transaction information and account behavior to identify fraudulent activity (e.g. account takeover, friendly fraud, collusion).
- Monitor and respond to chargebacks.
- Investigate transaction patterns and conduct data analysis to distinguish good accounts from fraudulent accounts.
- Send and respond to customer support tickets related to payments and risk.
- Consistently update and manage spreadsheets used to report fraud trends.
- Devise system and process improvements to detect and reduce fraud.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure a great customer experience while preventing financial loss.
- Handle additional tasks associated with a fast-growing company.
- Over one year of fraud, payments, or risk management experience.
- Knowledge of third-party fraud prevention tools (e.g. Sift) is required.
- Comfort using spreadsheet software (e.g. Google Sheets, Excel, Microsoft Office), including the use of formulas.
- Customer-centric approach with a high level of integrity, discretion, precision and enthusiasm.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with strong analytical skills.
- Availability to work Sun-Thurs 8am - 4pm - weekend shifts can be remote.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of chargeback dispute resolution.
What you'll get:
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans, we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative are valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment.
- 401k with company match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Volunteering Time Off policy.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
- A MacBook, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and standing desk.