General Ledger Senior Accountant
Morningstar's Finance team is responsible for planning, forecasting, and analyzing the company's financial results. The team works collaboratively with our business groups to support them with timely and insightful information to make informed business decisions.
As a General Ledger Senior Accountant, you will play an integral role with our month-end close process, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, and process improvements. This position reports to the Accounting Manager for U.S. shared services and is based in our Chicago office.
• Prepare and review journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statement schedules, and other necessities for our month-end close.
• Assist with internal and external audit schedules; ensure that all tasks adhere to our control environment.
• Develop and maintain relationships with various members of the finance team in order to implement process improvements.
• Analyze financial information and perform other duties as assigned.
• A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
• At least three years of work experience in a related accounting or finance position.
• The ability to adjust to a fast-paced environment and manage numerous simultaneous tasks with varying deadlines well.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills; interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and documentation skills, particularly to help with compliance with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
• Knowledge of Oracle accounting software is a plus.
• A CPA is preferred.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity