Global Finance Transformation Program Project Analyst at Morningstar
The Team: The Global Finance Transformation Program (GFTP) is part of Morningstar’s Finance and Accounting Department. The GFTP was created to establish a formal project management function, framework and governance structure to ensure coordination between the significant and complex projects of the finance organization. We assist with project management activities, facilitate project prioritization, coordinate project resources and communicate project status to senior management. The current program is comprised of five work streams covering disciplines related to Quote-to-Cash, Procurement, Global Shared Services, Enhanced Business Partnering and Oracle R12; however, we expect the GFTP to evolve with the changing needs of the Finance team.
The Job: The Project Analyst will contribute to all stages of the overall project life for initiatives in the Global Finance Transformation Program. For large, cross-functional initiatives, the Project Analyst may be responsible for specific aspects of each project such as planning documentation, data analysis and reconciliation, project dash boards, and coordination of resources/tasks to achieve project milestones; and as the need arises, this position will also be required to manage small to moderate sized projects. As a Project Analyst, you will work closely with the stakeholders to understand requirements, define a project plan, and monitor progress against project milestones. This position reports to the Director of Global Finance Transformation and will have exposure to many of the various processes within the Finance and Accounting department as well as other functions within Morningstar such as Corporate Systems.
• Support Global Finance Transformation Program initiatives with meeting their project milestones, related to:
• Project planning
• Solution design
• Communication and Change Management
• Coordinate with project stakeholders to understand requirements, define project scope, and monitor progress against milestones.
• Prepare and update detailed project plans and task lists
• Create and update project summary reports and dashboards
• Contribute to development of GFTP project management standards and toolkits
• Drive adoption of our Finance Wiki space and JIRA project tracking tool
• Assist with coordinating project prioritization with finance management team
• 2-3 years of experience in a corporate environment
• Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate a high degree of skill in communication and positive interaction with all employees.
• Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
• Ability to understand and utilize productivity tools (such as JIRA, Wiki, SharePoint, Smartsheet) to drive efficiencies
• Solid interpersonal and organizational skills.
• BS Degree in a business-related field
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity