HDMA Compliance Specialist at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
Guaranteed Rate is working to reinvent the mortgage experience through innovation, technology, and a relentless focus on providing industry-leading mortgage products and superlative customer service. The HMDA Compliance Specialist will embrace these efforts by supporting the Guaranteed Rate Compliance Department on matters related to compliance with the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Regulation C, and by helping to keep the day-to-day operations of the Compliance Department running smoothly. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, analyze and solve problems creatively, prioritize relentlessly, exercise business judgment soundly, and operate with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Assist with the preparation and analyzation of HMDA reportable data and for all loans/applications for Guaranteed Rate, Inc. and its joint ventures.
- Utilize the HMDA compliance software and database to assess and correct all errors found in the data and run back-end analytics on the data to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in the quarterly and annual submission of HMDA data to the CFPB.
- Prepare HMDA LAR requests from third parties (investors, federal regulators, state regulators, ).
- Activity participate in the monthly audits of HMDA data by evaluating trends, conducting root cause analysis, and correcting identified errors.
- Work with other departments to ensure errors identified in monthly audits are corrected in companywide procedures and policies.
- Maintain a knowledge of current state, federal, and company policies and requirements regarding the HMDA, Regulation C, the TILA RESPA Integrated Disclosure rule (TRID), and other compliance regulations.
- Complete other departmental duties for the Compliance Department as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of experience in the financial services industry – with a mortgage originator, mortgage broker, bank, credit union, or regulator preferred.
- Prior knowledge of the HMDA, Regulation C, the TRID rule, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and other CFPB regulations.
- Prior experience with HMDA data reporting.
- Prior experience and knowledge of Encompass (or another loan origination system) and QuestSoft a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an always-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision, but also the ability to work closely with other team members.
- Ability to innovate and think outside of the box to enhance the Compliance Department.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-JS1