Income Tax Analyst
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a desire to learn
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance - Exposure with tax technology, including (or equivalent)
- OneSource Tax Provision, OneSource Income Tax, Hyperion Essbase, Bloomberg BNA Fixed Assets, RIA Checkpoint, and PeopleSoft
- The ability to create and comprehend/learn advanced features within Excel models including pivot tables, V-look up, H-look up, If then statements, Sum If formulas, and other functionality.
- Experience in a professional accounting capacity with a conceptual foundation in state, federal, or international tax compliance, tax planning and tax accounting
- A working knowledge of debits and credits and the ability to extract relevant data from a general ledger software package via queries and other methods.
We’d love to see:
- CPA or in the pursuit of a CPA
- Advanced degree
Impact You'll Make:
- Assist with various tax compliance, including but not limited to preparation of TransUnion’s annual consolidated Form 1120 income tax return, Form 1065 U.S. Return of Partnership Income, over 30 state income/franchise tax returns/supporting allocation and apportionment calculations, as well as various U.S. foreign forms such as Form 5471, 8865 and 1118.
- Assist with federal, state and certain foreign quarterly ASC 740 accounting for income tax requests such as the preparation of book vs. tax computations, the effective tax rate, expense tie out, deferred roll forward, journal entries, FIN48 uncertain income tax positions, analysis of merger and acquisition costs, certain foreign tax calculations, documenting Section 404 Sarbanes Oxley processes, etc.
- Assist with tax forecasting, planning and special projects, including but not limited to research and analysis of federal, state and certain foreign tax legislation changes, tax savings opportunities, adjusted earnings calculations, government tax audits, tax software implementation projects, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.