Junior Accountant at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe Partners is looking for a junior accountant with a strong accounts payable background to join our accounting team. Position will consist of full function accounts payable processing, as well as ad-hoc financial analyses and projects.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Processing vendor invoices daily
- Processing weekly payment check runs
- Manage and review all emails sent to the accounts payable mailbox and respond to any inquiries within the service level timeframe
- Responsible for the processing and reconciliation of company credit cards
- Processing contractor invoices for correct accounting treatment and verifying payment terms
- Responsible for researching and resolving invoice discrepancies while working and communicating with internal and external customers
- Work closely with the Finance team on implementing improvements in accounts payable systems, policies and processes with the new accounts payable tool
- Manage the accounts payable tool to ensure data integrity and accurate accounting treatment
- Support for data requests for the financial audit process
- Work closely with key stakeholders to help improve overall processes, drive efficiency and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Work closely with the FP&A team on monthly variance analysis
- Ad-hoc financial analysis for use by management in decision making
- Prior Accounts Payable or Accounting Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
- Strong self motivated individual
- Experience in fast paced and high volume payables environment
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability and comfort level communicating with senior management and vendors
- Ability to adapt to changes in environment
- Demonstrated computer skills, with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Knowledge of Great Plains and AvidXChange is a plus
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.