Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
While this role will start remote, we will require this individual to be based in our Chicago office.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Intern Insurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. Today, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida and has recently expanded to California.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
The Kin Management Program is designed to provide exposure to multiple facets of our operation while you develop solutions in our finance, operations, marketing, and product departments. Rotating on a 6 month basis, you will spend your first year on a tour-de-Kin improving processes and establishing your future place in our business. This will be an opportunity for you to establish skills as a generalist as well as hone your leadership skills and subject matter expertise while working closely with senior leaders and executives.
A day in the life could include:
- Building complex financial models to forecast and optimize our business growth
- Scoping and developing automation features and solutions to reduce manual processes
- Identifying relevant KPI and data points to optimize throughput for sales and ops teams
- Researching and developing marketing programs to reduce cost and increase new customer acquisition
- Analyzing financial data to determine new market opportunities
- Analyzing customer data and feedback to identify customer retention opportunities
- Presenting to executives and senior leaders
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 2+ years in highly analytical role (investment banking, management consulting, or similar)
- Four year degree, preferred study in Accounting/Finance or STEM
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with SQL, Looker, and other data management and reporting tools preferred
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership - after we return to the office
Read Full Job Description