Manager, Accounting Integrations
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 11 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 72 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 600 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As the Manager, Accounting Integrations, you will be responsible for owning change management and process implementation around general accounting best practices for our newly opened RISE dispensaries, manufacturing facilities and acquisitions. GTI is a swiftly growing presence in the cannabis industry, with a constantly expanding portfolio of brands, products, and dispensaries. You will help smooth the way for newly acquired brands as they roll their accounting practices into GTI’s general accounting systems and establish accounting best practices for new GTI dispensaries. This is a new role on a quickly growing team, and no two days will be the same. You should be comfortable with ambiguity, be able to make decisions quickly and autonomously, have a love for systems and process and ideally have prior acquisition and integration experience.
- Act as liaison between new GTI field locations and the accounting team, owning change management, process implementation, and general accounting practices
- Partner with newly acquired brands to integrate processes, policies and procedures into GTI
- Assist target companies to adopt policies and procedures
- Serves as project leader and main point of contact in integrating GTI’s policies, procedures and reporting to ensure compliance with all policies and internal controls
- Support activities associated with GTI acquisitions, including purchase price allocation, opening balance sheets and footnote disclosures
- Support fair value amortization/depreciation schedules
- Assist in writing technical white papers related to transactions
- Map target company’s trial balance to GTI’s trial balance structure
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing GTI employees across multiple functions and locations
- Partner with senior Accounting and Finance team members with special projects and process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience. In-house experience is required, combination of public and in-house experience is preferred.
- Purchase accounting experience is a plus
- Strong GAAP and technical accounting skills
- A love and passion for excel, databases, spreadsheets and other data sources
- Previous experience with change management, project management, and process implementation
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and energized by working without a playbook
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operate with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
We can't wait to meet you!
Read Full Job Description