Manager, FP&A at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a Manager, FP&A
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Manager, FP&A to help us continue on our journey.
We’re looking for this person to join us in our Chicago office, while working remotely with the ability to return to the local office when permitted.
How you’ll help
We need a Manager, FP&A to work right alongside our CFO to turn data into insights and insights into action. You will be a business partner to multiple senior leaders, run point on budgeting & forecasting, publish regular management reporting & analysis, and contribute in just about every aspect of our day-to-day finance operation.
What you’ll do
You will be playing a critical role in charting the path towards future growth and success of one of Chicago’s best tech companies by:
- Partnering with business leaders to provide numbers-driven insights that lead to real change and value creation within their departments
- Maintaining the company’s rolling forecasts and publishing reports that keep our business leaders in the know about where we are and where we need to go
- Analyzing our unit economics and identifying opportunities to improve them
- Recommending & designing benchmark reports that measure product, project, and company performance
- Lead critical parts of the annual planning & budgeting processes in a smooth and orderly fashion so that senior leadership is aligned on the planned path ahead
- Researching & recommending treasury policy that drives how we manage our cashflow and deploy our resources
- Rolling up your sleeves and applying your business savvy to take on ad hoc projects & reporting, such as pricing analyses, business modeling, build vs buy modeling, and determining the ROI for potential investments.
You should also know that you’ll partner closely with a leadership team that is excited to have you on board and eager for your insights & ideas. You’ll be supported by a seasoned accounting team who really knows our business and is ready to help you utilize our historical accounting data to glean insights for the future. Lastly, this is a role where we are committed to seeing you grow, be challenged, and develop into a well-rounded finance leader.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 4+ years of finance/accounting experience, including experience in a high growth SaaS or tech company
- Experience building things from scratch, whether that be processes, reports, new roles, or entire start-ups
- Demonstrated experience building robust financial models
- Experience working with and influencing senior leaders
- A gift for building robust financial models, especially in Excel
- An eye for data visualization & presentation that allows you to design intuitive and insightful dashboards and reports
- Strong business savvy & analytical skills. We need someone who is always thinking, quantifying, comparing, and coming up with ways to make our operations and finances better
- Communication skills and presence, which allow you to efficiently and effectively influence decision making and get your point across
- Grit and imagination. You need to be able to move fast and not wear out. This is a role for someone with an agile, curious mind who will challenge the status quo and innovate constantly
- An adaptive learner who can figure things out. You need to be able to take quick, sometimes ambiguous direction and then synthesize it into deliverables that solve the problem or meet the need
- Be a master juggler. You will need to manage a heavy and diverse workload without breaking a sweat. To do so you’ll have to be proactive, able to prioritize, and be a strong communicator
- Integrity and a commitment to the highest possible ethical standards. The only thing not funny about Jellyvision is our books. While a sense of humor is a requirement for every Jellyvision employee, when it comes to our finances and integrity, we are as serious as a heart attack
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!